Saturday, March 22, 2008



It's Easter Sunday tomorrow and as a Christian I am inevitably thinking about the wonder of the resurrection. What a turnaround that was for the disciples! Jesus executed in the most horrific way, beaten, taunted, nails driven through his wrists and ankles, hung on a bare wooden cross and left to die in unbearable heat. Body broken, dead, buried, finished...

Then the impossible, he greets Mary in the garden and the message is out, 'He is risen!' Jesus, God himself in human form, conquers death once and for all and pays the price for my sin and yours...Instead of eternity spent apart from God, we can be with him. Now that really is a turnaround!

I sometimes wish that I could have been there with Mary, met Jesus and showed my gratitude there and then. The truth is though, that I can and will be thanking him not only tomorrow in church but every day of my life. The more time I spend with him, the more special Jesus becomes and the more amazing is the gift whuch he secured on that first Easter day...

He is risen indeed, Hallelujah!

No comments: