Thursday, December 31, 2009


TIME: A valuable commodity...

It's been a very restful Christmas and that was the plan all along. I made a determined effort to spend as much time with family and friends as possible. I have been very aware that this would be the last Christmas for many years which would be as such. Next year (I am reliably informed by those in the job already), that I will be extremely busy and will barely have a moment to draw breath, let alone wrap a present or bake a sausage roll! To be honest though, whilst I will miss the time that I have had to prepare this year; being immersed in carol services, christmas visits, children's parties and service preparation will I think, be even more fulfilling. What I do have to guard against is being so busy that I miss the peace of ceebrating Christs birth and being so tired that I burn out before I can celebrate...However, I am also aware that burn out isn't just a pitfall linked to Christmas but to every day of the year in Ordained ministry.
So I'd like to take this opportunity of wishing you all a very happy and hopeful New Year...Thank you for commmenting on this blog, I really enjoy reading the ones I get and look forward to doing so next year as well. Despite my concerns about time, I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to 2010 and in particular my Ordination...bring it on!!

3 comments:

Rev R Marszalek said...

Thank you for this. You captured some of my thinking too. 2010 will be particularly blessed for you, I will watch this space for further updates.

God bless
Rach

Suem said...

I tried to comment earlier but failed.

I have been in touch with some friends and Church members during my time off work in the cold snap and, yes, I think it does help us rediscover community.

Also it was quite nice to have a guilt free lie in on a work morning
( my college closed on Wed!) I am not sure that a lie in is quite as laudable - nice though!


Have joined your blog.

Sue

Suem said...

Just realised I put my comments under the wrong post!

Thinking and praying for you with your ordination.