Tuesday, June 22, 2010


Less than two weeks now and I will be sporting a dog collar... The last couple of weeks have continued to be lovely with so many good wishes from friends and aquaintances. I don't think I have ever had so many parties before.. it has all been quite overwhelming. To put the icing on the cake, all those being ordained this year were invited to Lambeth Palace to mee tthe Archbishop of Canterbury. We had a wonderful, weekend of fun, friendship and thoroughly enjoyed our time at Lambeth...Some of us are pictured above in the gardens...Thanks Rowan!

A week on Thursday I go on my pre ordination retreat. We are fortunate enough to have David Runcorn as retreat leader, whose books have been used on the course and who I am told is very good. It is all very exciting.

But am I ready for this? Well; my robes are bought and hanging in the wardrobe, my course is finished and I have passed, I am assigned to a church as curate...but all of these things are outward trappings of what is actually an inner less tangible thing. Ministry is all about my strong vocation, calling and very necessary equipping by God. I need so much help to do this but I know that because He has called me to it, He will provide all I need.

The whole thing is quite unreal and rather mind blowing..Why me? I still wake up and pinch myself sometimes...

If you are reading this, please pray for me...I have come to realise that prayer will be vital to my ministry if I am to keep going, both my own prayer life and the prayers of others...So please if you have a moment pray that I will be equipped, that I will know the closeness of God and that I will be a blessing to others.

2 comments:

Curate Karen said...

I am praying for you, soon-to-be-Rev Stanning! God is gonna use your gifts to the max, and you WILL be equipped! Keep open to his will. Have a wonderful retreat and ordination day!

Crunch said...

Thanks Karen, that means a lot...see you on the other side of Ordination..hope the priesting went well. x