Saturday, January 26, 2008


Well, with one term of Ordination training under my belt and the second one started, I feel less like a new ordinand than I did. Actually, so far I haven't felt much like an ordinand at all (whatever they actually feel like?). I think this may have something to do with the method of training I've taken. Being on a local course and therefore part time means you immerse yourself less in the process. However, you do get to stay within the 'real' world and for the moment anyway, remain involved with your own church which has been great.

The lectures for both modules, 'Biblical Studies'(my degree subject) and 'Theological Thinking' have been very good so far, although I have found the whole Theological Reflection thing difficult to get to grips with. It's not that I'm not used to thinking theologically, I just find it difficult having to do so to a set formula. Some of the stuff we did more recently (see my art reflection as one example )were easier to grasp and more grounded in the Bible which I feel to be essential. For me, thinking theologically cannot be separated from the Bible and nor should it be.

Well, I'm away next weekend at the Diocese's conference centre for another study weekend, which so far have been the best part of the course for me. It's also where I feel most like an Ordinand, because I can fully focus on that and nothing else.
Scary to think that in under two and a half years we'll be ordained...gulp!

God's given me a great group of friends too, who are not afraid to have fun and be as flippant as I am! You know who you are!!! I'll buy you a drink on Friday...

No comments: